The Front-Desk/Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing clerical support to the members of the executive and administration teams (Finance and HR) and for overseeing front-desk activities, including the sale of merchandise (cigarettes, gift items, etc.) and handling payments for boat launch/moorage.
Duties and responsibilities
• Greets guests and customers who visit the office; ensures they are tended to in a professional and courteous manner
• Ensures security of office by restricting access to only authorized personnel
• Maintains “in/out” procedures to track whereabouts of staff members
• Responds to/redirects incoming calls and/or voice messages from the general office number
• Acts as “gatekeeper” for unsolicited sales calls
• Opens and distributes incoming regular and electronic mail and other materials in a timely manner
• Facilitates the sale of merchandise through cash, debit or credit transactions
• Assists in monitoring and tracking of inventory; conducts regular inventory counts on merchandise
• Prepares, processes and receives merchandise orders
• Monitors fluctuations in inventory of cigarette price and makes recommendations for increases
• Ensures proper procedures are strictly followed for the storage and sale of cigarettes
• Tracks and monitors payment of boat launch/boat moorage patrons
• Monitors tidiness of front office and kitchen areas
• Scans and files paperwork on behalf of Finance and Human Resources
• Assists with data-entry on behalf of Finance and Human Resources
• Assists with scheduling interviews
• Posts employment opportunities on job boards
• Liaises with marketing team to ensure employment opportunities are posted on social media channels
• Prepares letters and expense reports for executive team
• Performs other administrative and clerical duties, as assigned
• Provides coverage to other departments or lines of business when illness occurs; this may involve coverage at sxwimele gift store of lelem at the Fort until a regularly scheduled staff member can attend.
The minimum qualifications required to successfully perform the Front Desk/Administrative assistant job are:
• Five years’ experience as an administrative assistant
• Post-secondary education in business administration, or similar
• Cash handling experience in a retail environment; POS experience is an asset
• Strong customer service orientation
• Typing speed of at least 35 wpm
• Proficient with MS Office Suite
• Experience with computerized accounting software is an asset
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent oral/written communication skills
• Ability to handle a high volume of work and deadlines
• Strong organizational skills
• Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
Must demonstrate cultural sensitivity and conduct themselves in accordance with the company’s core values at all times
The position may be required to work with a certain level of flexibility regarding availability outside of normal work hours and conditions, depending on the work load and special projects.
The Front-Desk/Administrative Assistant will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers, which can cause muscle strain. The position at times will be busy with competing priorities and will need excellent organization, time and stress management skills to complete the required tasks.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until February 25, 2019 at 5:00pm.
We welcome ALL qualified applicants, regardless of heritage. Preference may be given to qualified applicants of Aboriginal ancestry pursuant to Section 42(3) of the BC Human Rights Code. If you fall within this category and you wish to have this voluntary information considered as part of your application, please indicate this in your cover letter.